cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Photoframe Login

Dropbox Photoframe Login

Leaper54
Explorer | Level 3

I use an Android tablet as a photoframe that gets the photos from a dropbox folder. It has been working fine for a year! Now I re-installed the software, and when I try to set the source as a Dropbox folder, it will not allow me to login. The login screen appears, but seems to be ' greyed out '. It will NOT let me select Google login, and when I enter the e-mail and password, and hit GO, nothing happens. Did somethong change? Now my photoframe is down.

11 Replies 11

Re: Dropbox Photoframe Login

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hi there @Leaper54, thanks for reaching out to us here!

Just to clarify, are you trying to sign into your account via the web browser on your device, or the Dropbox mobile app?

If you haven't already, can you please reboot your device to see if that helps at all?

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Leaper54
Explorer | Level 3

I'm using an app called ' PhotoCloud '. In the app setup, you choose a directory from which you want photos displayed. When I choose DropBox, a page opens from Dropbox asking me to for the username and password. I also use an App called ' Photoo ' that works the same way. Previously, I had no problem linking these apps to my DropBox folders. I still have 1 frame working with Fotoo and dropbox just fine right now. The other frame I had deleted Fotoo to upgrade it, and could not get it to work the same way. Now both apps will not work with Dropbpx because I cannot enter my username and password successfully.

Leaper54
Explorer | Level 3

Here is 4 pictures of the process. 1 - Start Fotoo, select Dropbox, 2-linking to Dropbox, 3-Dropbox Sign-In, 4-Enter e-mail and Password ( note it seems to type over the original text in the boxes ). This used to work fine, and I never remember a login screen.Fotoo01.JPGFotoo02.JPGFotoo03.JPGFotoo04.jpg the original text in the boxes ). Pressing ' Sign In ' does nothing. This DID work in the past with no problems at all. I never remember having a sign-in screen.

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @Leaper54; I'm sorry to jump in here, but could you clarify your device's OS version and also if you have our mobile app installed there?

Do you see those 3rd party apps under your Connected Apps tab by the way?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Leaper54
Explorer | Level 3

From the tablet, I see: Android Version 6, Kernel Version 3.4.67, buildserver@ buildserver10 #1, Sat, Jan12, 10:10:47 CST, custom build version 2019 vEN0008. When I go to the Google Play Store and search for ' Dropbox ', I only see ' AutoSync for Dropbox. I do NOT see any DropBox app.

Leaper54
Explorer | Level 3

More Info: I have 3 of these android pads, all identical, and all 3 were working fine with Dropbox for a year now. Last week I saw there was an update for the Fotoo photoframe app, so I took 1 frame, erased Fotoo, and re-installed Fotoo. Now this 1 frame will not link to Dropbox like it did before. The other 2 continue to work fine since they are already logged into Dropbox. I do see the Fotoo APP under connected apps. Something has changed with the Dropbox login process.

Cannot login to Dropbox from FOTOO APP

Leaper54
Explorer | Level 3

I have 3 identical android tablets, and all 3 were working fine as PhotoFrames using FOTOO for a year now. Dropbox shows that the connected app ' FOTOO ' was logged in on September 25, 2019. Dropbox itself is NOT installed on these tablets, I did not need it. FOTOO simply links to the Dropbox folder. Last week I saw there was an update for the Fotoo photoframe app, so I took 1 frame, erased Fotoo, and re-installed Fotoo. Now this 1 frame will not link to Dropbox like it did before. The other 2 continue to work fine since they are already logged into Dropbox. I tried a different app, ' PhotoCloud ', and also could not login to Dropbox. Something has changed with the Dropbox login process. This is the tablet info: Android Version 6, Kernel Version 3.4.67, buildserver@ buildserver10 #1, Sat, Jan12, 10:10:47 CST, custom build version 2019 vEN0008. There are 4 photos attached showing the procedure of linking FOTOO to Dropbox. During that procedure, the login to Dropbox ( Dropbox API Request Authorization ) FAILS. ( Notice the login screen seems greyed out, and text entered appears to overwrite the lables. Pressing ' Sign In ' does nothing!) Again, in September 2019, this DID work, and I still show the other 2 tablets connected, and they are working fine.Fotoo03.JPGEdited by moderatorEdited by moderatorFotoo01.JPGFotoo02.JPG

Re: Cannot login to Dropbox from FOTOO APP

Rich
Super User II

@Leaper54 wrote:

I have 3 identical android tablets, and all 3 were working fine as PhotoFrames using FOTOO for a year now. ... Dropbox itself is NOT installed on these tablets ...

You'll need to reach out to the support team for Fotoo. This is a third-party app that uses the Dropbox API, and Dropbox cannot support third-party apps. Dropbox just provides access to the API for other developers, but it's up to those developers to provide support for their own apps, even if the problem is authentication. They would have created the code which handles that process within their own app; not Dropbox.

Re: Cannot login to Dropbox from FOTOO APP

Leaper54
Explorer | Level 3

Rich, if you read above you'll see that I tried a different app, PhotoCloud, and got the SAME results.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?