cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Longtime customer, but out of space...

Rob_Cash
Dropboxer

@kishi wrote:

I am a longtime happy Dropbox Personal user and also a current Dropbox Business user.  I love how you can use both together, and have had my Personal account for years and through many jobs- some of which are Dropbox Business users and some who are not. 

I'm maxed out on my 1TB for my personal account and am at a loss of what to do.  I don't want to upgrade my Personal account to Business as I can only really use one Business account at a time in the client.

Most of my Personal files are photos that are part of a large Lightroom catalog, so I don't want to partition them.  I also don't want to put my personal photos into my Business account. 

Is there any way I can get more storage in my Personal account?  This is somewhat time-critical as I need a file synching/backup solution.  I don't really want to- but may have to- look into moving to something like Google Drive.

I saw other forum threads where Dropboxers asked how much space users may want.  I think one practical max account size would be the amount of data you can put on a single internal hard drive.  Today it wouldn't be too hard to store 3TB of user data on a single 4 to 6TB drive...

Adding your comments to a larger selection of comments identifying a need for more space that I am compiling for the team that works in this area. Thanks for your feedback!

-Rob

View solution in original post

kishi
Helpful | Level 5

Thanks, Rob- you are a lifesaver.  Well, maybe not a life, but a customer-saver for sure!

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey all, if it's not too much trouble for you, would you mind taking a minute of your time to fill out a survey sharing your experience using the Dropbox Community? You can access it here: http://bit.ly/2lNKIxT .

Hope you have a great rest of the day! :upside_down: 

[This thread is now closed. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Find Answers section here. ]

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

sgk1945
New member | Level 2

I am also a long time Dropbox customer and I too have run out of space on my 1TB plan.  Although Dropbox is by far my prefered choice for cloud storage I now have to pay for accounts on Microsoft and Amazon to supplement my Dropbox account.  That is money I would gladly be giving to Dropbox if only they would take it.  I would suggest incremental pricing ($20.00  for each 250GB over the 1 TB limit ?), or something like that. 

I have no need for a business account,  which is just too ecpensive.  I just like to have my files available on my portable devices.

Pain in the A__ for me and lost revenue for Dropbox.

Please fix it!

Buying Extra Permanent Storage Space

chewy0914
Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

Is there a way to purchase a small amount of extra space.((besides free space))

Such as $5-$10 for another 5gb-25gb of more space or something like that?

Re: Buying Extra Permanent Storage Space

Mark
Super User II
No there isnt, sorry.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Rich
Super User II

Dropbox Professional plans will now have 2TB of storage space.

Jane
Dropboxer

🙌 Hello to all, I’ve got great news for you, as your wish has been granted & Dropbox Plus comes with 2 TB of space & Smart Sync now! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?