Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dropbox Professional Free Trial Space After Cancelling

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I'm planning on using the free trial of Dropbox Professional whilst on holiday to upload photos and videos whilst away and to see if it could work for my uses. However if I decide to cancel my trial before the end of the 14 day window and I have gone over the 2GB space available Basic plan, will Dropbox automatically delete my files to take me back to the 2GB limit or will all the files I uploaded during the trial still be available to me and I just won't be able to add anymore? Hoping it's the latter, but if someone could please shed some light that would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox Professional Free Trial Space After Cancelling

Super User
Super User

Hello lottiemills'

Dropbox will NOT delete your files, what it will do is STOP syncing anything until you get back down to 2GB.  Feel safe as Dropbox will not delete files unless you do.

Happy Syncing

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Super User
Super User

Hello lottiemills'

Dropbox will NOT delete your files, what it will do is STOP syncing anything until you get back down to 2GB.  Feel safe as Dropbox will not delete files unless you do.

Happy Syncing

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
Great thank you!
Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I recently decided not to renew my longstanding Dropbox subscription and have received several warnings about this whih I have ignored as I had all my stuff in my local Dropbox folder anyway.

When I started my computer today (having been logged out automatically since last night) I got a message from Dropbox about the cancellation. Now the Dropbox folder is empty, and in addition my Documents, Desktop, Downloads and other data folders are empty (which were in no way connected to Dropbox) and some of the apps seem to have disappeared from Windows 10. 

What is going on?

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Further to my post I just realised that the Dropbox location was in fact my Documents folder. By deleting the contents of my Dropbox folder you have effectively cleaned out all my data. Please activate my account again so I can get to the data.

Highlighted

Super User
Super User

Okay, take a deep breath.  Dropbox Client doesn't have a script to delete stuff outside of its folder.  It sounds like maybe your Harddrive is almost full, and if that is so, then you will lose data.  Dropbox will not delete stuff randomly.  

Submit a Support Ticket https://www.dropbox.com/support

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

wait so im in the same situation, i needed an emergency way to back up all my files before i replace my hdd and its a little less then 1.5tb so far its been the length of the trial leaving my pc running non stop to back up these files and my trial ends on the 14th if i cancel now and let the remaining 200gb i have left to transfer, all these files will be safe on my dropbox and ill still be able to download them after my trial ends? also i have a fast internet connection but even still the desktop app wont go past 1.3kbps upload i dont even have a limit set and my speeds are like 100+mbps and like 15+mbps upload

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior or have a question, feel free to Ask for help from the Community here.]

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?