cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you an educator? Well we want to hear from you, so check out some tools we think might help you out here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Signature Tool?

Dropbox Signature Tool?

Akash M.
New member | Level 1

Since a few days, an extra option for Word and PDF documents in the Dropbox app on iPad and iPhone has appeared when choosing "Open with". Instead of just "Microsoft Word"or Ädobe Acrobat"there is now an option for "Dropbox Signature Tool". However, when I tap on that, nothing happens. Does anybody know what this is and how to get it to work?

10 Replies 10

Re: Dropbox Signature Tool?

Bev O.
New member | Level 2

I would also like to know

Ingrid S.3
New member | Level 1

Me too, i would like to know. it looks like it does open a new window when you press it because the top of the screen turns grey but I cannot sign my name with it... Little frustrating

Jarrad K.
New member | Level 1

Me too! 🙂

AntonioC
Dropboxer
Hi there! We're constantly experimenting with new features and functionality, often launching them to a small subset of users first. With the "Dropbox Signature Tool," we're exploring the ability to sign documents from within the Dropbox app.

You can find this tool on our newest iOS build (14.2), but it’s not functional yet, so selecting it doesn’t give you any additional actions. We apologize for any confusion, and are in the process of removing the option. If you’re interested in learning more about this tool, though, let us know and we’ll reach back out to you when it’s ready for you to use!

Jarrad K.
New member | Level 1

Hi Antonio.

Thanks for the update. I would love to know more when this is released.

Cheers!

Akash M.
New member | Level 1

Hi Antonio,

Many thanks for your reply and explanation. This sounds like an exciting feature and I would very much like to be kept updated on it.

Adam G.13
New member | Level 2

I'd like to know more about the signature tool, be so much easier when it's available to use

Thanks

Bev O.
New member | Level 2

I would also like to know.

thanks

Imraan M.
New member | Level 1

Please do this. It would make things much better for me 

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nora O. New member | Level 1
    Imraan M. New member | Level 1
    Bev O. New member | Level 2
    Adam G.13 New member | Level 2
    Akash M. New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?