cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Space

Highlighted

Dropbox Space

New member | Level 2

My Dropbox account had 29.5 gig of memory and suddenly today it shows only 4.5 gig and my dropbox is no longer syncing. Can anyone explain why I lost about 25 gig of my storage?

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox Space

Super User II

@Fredman wrote:

Can anyone explain why I lost about 25 gig of my storage?

Not all bonus space that you earn is permanent. Some expires in six months, a year, two years, etc. Look on your Plan page to see the space you've earned. Usually it will list space that has expired.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

It did not show the 25 gig that I had in the list. That is odd since there was no limitations to the extra 25 gig that I received.

Highlighted

Super User II

@Fredman wrote:

It did not show the 25 gig that I had in the list. That is odd since there was no limitations to the extra 25 gig that I received.

How did you earn that 25GB? If it was through a device promotion such as Dell, HP, Samsung, etc., then it was likely a time-limited bonus of a year or two. Nearly all device related promotions are time-limited. Referral bonuses and spaced earned for completing various tasks (such as Getting Started) is permanent.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?