cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox accused me in abusing the referall system.

Dropbox accused me in abusing the referall system.

ChiliPeppers
New member | Level 2

First of all sorry for my english but i hope u will understand me.

I am very upset that no one answers me and does not help. I need to start using dropbox already but i cant feel safe until i get answers.

I am confused which ticket it was - it was 7194790 and 7084292 maybe more. I asked multiply times to help me in solving problem but the only thing i got in answer was - that i abused system and they cant prove anything. I twitted several times and asked dropbox in twitter to react. But i am being ignored for 2 months
I feel very sad about this situation and i ask you to help me in solving this.  I'll type down the text which i already texted to support several times but got no answer.

Good day. First of all sorry for my english.
People from dropboxsupport told me that"abused" referral system. And they can't describe how did i do that!

Let me describe again the whole situation.

I have about 100 colleagues to whom i made a newsletter and suggested to use dropbox and asked to register by my referral. I also asked my friends.
Some of them registered some of them not. Some of them already got dropbox. I cant understand the mechanism of dropbox which recognised this everything as an abuse of referral system.

I am an 26 old grown man and you threat me blocking my account if i will "abuse" system again like if i were some teenager who tryd to earn space and sell account!
This is insulting me because i didn't do anything wrong!
My account "[email removed]" is my main account. I've got whole life in it. Any types of services are registered on it. Bank accounts, apple id, personal information and etc. 
The only thing i wanted was to earn much space +16gb and stop using google disc. Because i respect dropbox and would feel much safer with my personal information and data in it.

I just dont need 1tb at this time. For Russia it costs too much per year and i got no need of tb at this time. +16 gb would be fully enough for my personal data.

The second week I try to get an explanation or write a complaint but no one specifically answered my questions.

How can i be sure that i won't be blocked after i will lose my time asking other colleages and friends to register in dropbox and earn more space?

The only information i found at "Dropbox Acceptable Use Policy" was: "abuse referrals or promotions to get more storage space than deserved"
Well i did not do that! Maybe all of my colleagues and friends registered too fast after my request and the system recognised that by cheating? I cant get it. 
Can't the system recognise that all of referrals where registered from different places, mac adresses and ip? 
I humbly ask you to give me an intelligible explanation or transfer my problem further to the above-authorized employees.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox accused me in abusing the referall system.

Mark
Super User II

Unfortunately for Dropbox to take action like this some people you have emailed HAVE reported it to Dropbox as abuse and spam.

If it was from the same IP addresses (work for example) that would flag up.

Unfortunately I dont think theres anything you can do here. You've asked Dropbox, they said no

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Find Answers section here. ]

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ChiliPeppers
New member | Level 2
Also i want to add that i did not spam anyone. Everyone who got newsletter from me was my collegue or friend.

Mark
Super User II

Unfortunately for Dropbox to take action like this some people you have emailed HAVE reported it to Dropbox as abuse and spam.

If it was from the same IP addresses (work for example) that would flag up.

Unfortunately I dont think theres anything you can do here. You've asked Dropbox, they said no

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Find Answers section here. ]

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?