cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox attached to old work account

Dropbox attached to old work account

TheRusk
New member | Level 2

I have a dropbox that is attached to my old work email and it wants to send authentication to that email for me to open it which I can no longer access. This dropbox has photos of my recently passed dog on it (put it in the wrong db) is there a way to get into this dropbox. I know the credentials. Or is that lost forever? 😢

3 Replies 3

Re: Dropbox attached to old work account

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hello @TheRusk, I hope you're well today!

Just to confirm, what exactly is the authentication that it's prompting you for there?

Is it referring to a one time security code?

Let me know and we'll go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

TheRusk
New member | Level 2
Hi Daphne,

Yes it is, but it is sending the security code to that snail address of my workplace. Is there a way to have it sent elsewhere?

Daphne
Dropboxer
The security code can only be sent to the email address that it linked with the Dropbox account I'm afraid, @TheRusk

The email linked with your Dropbox account is used as a way to verify your account ownership, so in this case the best thing I could suggest is to try regaining access to the email address.

I understand that this isn't ideal, and to see if there is anything that our Support team can do to help with this, you can submit a ticket with them from here, via an incognito window while signed out of Dropbox.

Please just make sure to enter an email address that you have access to when submitting the ticket, so that you can receive the reply from the team. 

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?