cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox can connect you globally... just NOT to their customer support..

Dropbox can connect you globally... just NOT to their customer support..

Gatzooks
New member | Level 2

So I recently had to swap bank accounts at short notice (due to my previous account type closing).

my first mistake was neglecting to update my new account details for Dropbox payments.

having reaslised my business account had been rolled back , I logged in to rectify the issue.

my second mistake was thinking I’d just be able to update my payment details and continue on...

it’s now been over 2 weeks, I’ve spoken with the online help, who obviously informed me that they can only help with new customers..

so after having gone around and around Dropbox every road (on the website)  leads back to the customer support page and NO CONTACT EMAIL.

i can’t lodge a ticket.. 

i found a direct email through enquieries.. I got a response ... and was informed they can’t answer my questions as are there for  new customers...

honestly dropbox... what is so dam hard?  I’m getting reminder emails from you regarding the account and your own staff can’t even forward an email onto the correct department that I CAN’T contact..

Given the fact i personally recommended and setup a  Dropbox  business account for the Global company I also work within... I’m rather concerned how it would reflect, if they ever had issues with their account..

All i I wanted to do was update my payment details and resume my account, but when I do through my account management screen, (and click RESUME) I’m being forced to pick account types from scratch.. 

Having had a business account for many years now with specific decisions made before account type changes.

starting over is unacceptable

being unable to lodge support tickets is unacceptable.

Dropbox for me is a ‘peace of mind’ backup... well it’s not actually is it..

because if you ever have a problem  the support screen is a dead end .. 

1 Reply 1

Re: Dropbox can connect you globally... just NOT to their customer support..

Rich
Super User II

@Gatzooks wrote:

so after having gone around and around Dropbox every road (on the website)  leads back to the customer support page and NO CONTACT EMAIL. i can’t lodge a ticket.. 

You'll need to contact Dropbox Suport directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?