cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox changed my password but I no longer use the email for the account, what can I do?

Dropbox changed my password but I no longer use the email for the account, what can I do?

Deltour
Explorer | Level 4

Hello
You took the initiative to change a password for one of my accounts without telling me. However, this account corresponds to an e-mail address that I no longer use. It is [personal information removed per the Community's Guidelines]
I would like you to tell me, via another email address, how to reset the password so that I can retrieve the files saved in this box and delete this account. Thank you

5 Replies 5

Problem with dropbot

Deltour
Explorer | Level 4

Dropbot does not work !!!

Re: Problem

Rich
Super User II

Typically, if you don't have another device already linked to your account, you'll need access to the email address associated with your Dropbox in order to gain access to the account.

Re: Problem with dropbot

Rich
Super User II

Dropbox works just fine. If you're having a specific issue with it, you'll need to explain the problem in detail before anyone will be able to assist you.

Re: Problem with dropbot

Deltour
Explorer | Level 4

Dropbox works perfectly, but Dropbot (with a t) doesn't work on my computer (Mac)

Re: Problem

Deltour
Explorer | Level 4

I must imperatively contact Dropbox's support which alone can solve my problem. Dropbox has unilaterally decided to reset my passwords. One of my boxes was associated with an email address that no longer exists. The message from Dropbox could not reach me. In case of such a problem, a message tells me that I can contact Dropbox so that they can recover the contents of my box, then nothing more. How can I do this? I'm not a Dropbox Business subscriber and I'm not authorized to do so. Thank you for your advice

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?