cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox charging me continuously despite being begged to stop

Dropbox charging me continuously despite being begged to stop

Stofka Landscapes
New member | Level 2

There is no option to cancel my plan on the plan page and I have been contacting dropbox in december to cancel my account. Due to COVID, our business is struggling exponentially and we requested the cancellation in order to reduce costs and keep the business afloat. Despite multiple emails, both through my account email and my paypal email, live chat discussions, even contacting my bank, the charges never stopped and I incurred further overdraft fees as a result of dropbox deducting funds from my already depleted account. We cannot afford this anymore and this behaviour feels predatory. Yes we are a small business but believe that we deserve to at least have our needs met as well. I am extremely disappointed with this experience. We paid diligently every month that we were using it with no complaints, but now that we really need any excess funds, we have no support. 

1 Reply 1

Re: Dropbox charging me continuously despite being begged to stop

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi @Stofka Landscapes, I'd be happy to help look into this with you. 

If you don't have access to submit a ticket to our Support team, it sounds like you are either on a Basic account or a free team.

This also means that you not being charged for this account. 

Could you go to your Plan tab and let me know what it shows? 

A screenshot of the page would also be super helpful. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?