cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dropbox contains 150% of available data

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have recently reopened Dropbox after not using it for some time, same account as before, and my files are all there. Now though, it says I am using 150% of my available space, so I can't sync or change anything. Any idea how I go from here, as I can't really do much with it now!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox contains 150% of available data

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

As far as I know, not much - you can delete your files, but won't be able to re-add them once you have. Something similar happened to me, after Space Race a few years ago (where free space expired) and the data will stay there indefinitely, but won't sync until you sort it out and get back below your limit. Your other option is to upgrade.

I assume you had a temporary bonus space offer on your account, which expired in the time you haven't been using it - Space race came with a few GB, Samsung devices had 50GB+ for an amount of time some years back, so maybe one of those?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

As far as I know, not much - you can delete your files, but won't be able to re-add them once you have. Something similar happened to me, after Space Race a few years ago (where free space expired) and the data will stay there indefinitely, but won't sync until you sort it out and get back below your limit. Your other option is to upgrade.

I assume you had a temporary bonus space offer on your account, which expired in the time you haven't been using it - Space race came with a few GB, Samsung devices had 50GB+ for an amount of time some years back, so maybe one of those?

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thanks, yes on further investigation, the desktop app has a notification saying 48GB space received with a Samsung device has expired, so that's obviously it. I haven't had a Samsung device for years! Well, I'm significantly over, so I'll go through and see what I can tidy up. Good to know it's not time restricted though, be a pain if it was all deleted just because some space expired, which I wasn't expecting!

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?