cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox deleted my dropbox plus account

Dropbox deleted my dropbox plus account

samydeghou
Explorer | Level 3

I purchased a dropbox plus account about 3 weeks ago and upload some documents to it (I got the email from dropbox confirming the subscription to dropbox cloud storage-backup)

I just logged back in to my account and cannot find any trace of these documents, my subscription or how to get to it ?!

What should I do ?

7 Replies 7

Re: Dropbox deleted my dropbox plus account

Mark
Super User II

What does www.dropbox.com/events show in terms of the account?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

samydeghou
Explorer | Level 3

thanks for the fast solution. The events page shows nothing (regardless of the date I choose)

My events log goes as follow:

- On the 29.03 I purchased a dropbox plus account

- I received the subscription confirmation email from dropbox

- I uploaded several documents-pictures (via dropbox app on my old company phone)

- The upload took all night but completed

- The following day I returned the phone to the company (they reseted the iphone)

- This morning I logged in dropbox to download some of these documents and all of the sudden there is no trace from my dropbox plus account

what should I do ? How can I/dropbox retrieve these documents ?

Mark
Super User II

If www.dropbox.com/events shows nothing then nothing has happened on this account. 

So, you've almost certainly accidentally set up a second account. 

Go back to your upgrade email and find out what email was used to log in and log in with that account 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

samydeghou
Explorer | Level 3
So I went back to the apple store and I can see the dropbox subscription.

But I cannot see the details if the dropbox subscription (with which dropbox account it is linked).

How do I get the details of the dropbox subscription?

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @samydeghou!

You can see more, regarding your account's settings such as plan, quota and more here.

Give me another shout if something comes up!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

samydeghou
Explorer | Level 3

Sorry but it still does not work. When I click on your link it takes me directly to my dropbox account [email removed as per Community Guidlines] which I told you only displays the basic dropbox account.

But I get charged by dropbox/apple:

I can provide you with the details of the invoice if that's help.
All I have is the Sequence NO, the order ID and a so called Document NO.
It's charging me for a dropbox plus monthly subscription.

What can I do ?

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @samydeghou, happy Friday! 

When you upgrade your Dropbox account via the app on your mobile device, your subscription is administered by Apple.

I suggest you contact them with the billing details, and they should help you locate the account behind it. 

Cheers.

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
    samydeghou Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?