cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Get summer ready with Dropbox basic - travel documents, plans, progress reminders and more, right over here.

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox disbanded our company account without our teams knowledge

Dropbox disbanded our company account without our teams knowledge

DebL1
Explorer | Level 4

Good Afternoon everyone,

I received an email from Dropbox this morning informing me that the company I work for had their Dropbox account disbanded and that I would be moved to a personal account. I contacted the CEO and IT support to find out if this was an accurate email, but there was no action from either side that requested our companies disbandment from Dropbox. I was not an admin on the company account but I am the only person in my company to have received the disbandment email. Any information to assist me would be helpful or a phone number I can call to speak with a human Dropbox representative, please list it here as I need to get this fixed as soon as possible.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox disbanded our company account without our teams knowledge

Mark
Super User II

Hi @DebL1 

Dropbox stopped all support for free teams on the 31st of March. Lots of communications have been emailed out about this. Unfortunately your team admin must have missed them. 

More info is at https://help.dropbox.com/teams-admins/team-member/free-teams-overview

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @DebL1, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Were you on a paid Dropbox Business team, or was it a free team? Were you the team admin on that team?

Currently, we only provide incoming phone support for team admins of active Dropbox Business subscriptions.

This will help me to assist further.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!

DebL1
Explorer | Level 4

Good Morning Jay,

Thank you for the quick response. I checked in with my co-workers and it looks like we might of had a free account. Our company will occasionally buy the Business Dropbox for certain clients to help with the influx of documents. I was not on an admin on the old account.

Mark
Super User II

Hi @DebL1 

Dropbox stopped all support for free teams on the 31st of March. Lots of communications have been emailed out about this. Unfortunately your team admin must have missed them. 

More info is at https://help.dropbox.com/teams-admins/team-member/free-teams-overview

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

DebL1
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you for the update! I will let my team know that there is no longer any free Dropbox accounts.

Mark
Super User II

@DebL1 there are free accounts.... just not Teams. 

So instead of having Team folders you can work, as you are now, with shared ones instead - it just means from a BUSINESS sense things are not quite as safe/secure as you no longer have a central admin / audit trail etc. (possibly important dependent upon the data you share?). Also you cannot now link two accounts on one log on 

Poll
Which Dropbox Plan do you have?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    DebL1 Explorer | Level 4
    Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?