cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox does not enable me to cancel my paid subscription

Dropbox does not enable me to cancel my paid subscription

Flore2
Explorer | Level 3

Whereas I always have been happy with my paid Dropbox account, I will now definitely stop using Dropbox. I am having problems cancelling my Dropbox account, and there is no support whatsoever.

At the moment I have a paid account for my old business emailadress. Because I no longer work at this institute, this emailadress does not exist anymore. I forgot my password, so there is no way for me to log in, and cancel my subscription. All the advice I can find in the Dropbox help center does not apply to me. Due to these problems I was not able to cancel in time, which means I'm again paying the yearly fee (over 100,-) for a service that I can't even use.

The lack of a phone number and a person to talk to is astounding for such a big company as Dropbox, and the support via email does not work for me. The emails contradict each other, and the chatbox is not helpful. As I'm trying to make this work for weeks now, I'm getting pretty angry. I really need support from a human being that can interact with me, not from a bot or a standardized email.

The only thing I can think off is to either cut off the payments or start a lawsuit, but I prefer not to solve my problem this way. Is there anyone who can help me out? A while ago, someone was struggling with the same problem (see the link below), so I guess it must be solveable in some way.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-accounts-billing/Dropbox-won-t-let-me-cancel-because-I-don-t...

7 Replies 7

Re: Dropbox does not enable me to cancel my paid subscription

Daphne
Dropboxer

I'm really sorry to hear about your troubles with this @Flore2, I'd be happy to help out!

Can you just clarify for me, was the subscription made through the Apple app store on your iPad?

Or did you upgrade directly through the Dropbox website?

If you're not sure, it will be shown on the charge in your bank statement if it was through Apple, or it will just say "DROPBOX" if it was directly through the website.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Flore2
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Daphne,

Thank you for helping me, I've made the subscription through the Dropbox website directly, not through the Apple store. It does say Dropbox on my bank statement.

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for confirming that @Flore2!

In this case, please submit a ticket with our Support team, which you can do by filling in the relevant info under "Submit a help request" on this page.

If you can, please also add the 12 character alphanumeric transaction ID shown for the charge in your bank statement, as this is very helpful in identifying the charge.

You'll receive a ticket number (eg. #1234567), which you can let me know so I can pass along the info you provided here too. 

If you have any trouble with this, please let me know - cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Flore2
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Daphne,

Thanks for the advice, I will do that. However, on the webform I need to fill in the emailadress associated with the account. But this is the emailadress that I do not have access to anymore. Should I fill in another emailadress that I do have access to? Thanks again!

Flore2
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Daphne,

My ticket number is #11713208. Hope it will work out like this, if I need to provide any other information please let me know. Cheers!

ACarpenter215
Explorer | Level 3

I'm having a similar problem and am beyond frustrated. I went to the page you linked to but "cancel my subscription" is not an option on my phone. I need actual instructions that actually work. How on earth is it possible that dropbox has such terrible customer service??

Rich
Super User II

@ACarpenter215 wrote:

I went to the page you linked to but "cancel my subscription" is not an option on my phone.

The instructions above do not apply to subscriptions started on a mobile device. I've replied to your other post.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?