cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox doesn't credit space for referral

Dropbox doesn't credit space for referral

suzanne p.7
New member | Level 1

I have invited two friends to dropbox, they accepted and installed the program.  It shows on my account that they are still waiting for install, however they have installed it.  Then when I try to  resend the invitation it says they have installed dropbox already.  I am not getting my credit for these two referrals.  I have emailed dropbox twice, but they never respond

10 Replies 10

Re: Dropbox doesn't credit space for referral

Rich
Super User II

When creating their accounts, did they use the same email address that you sent the invites to? Did they install the Dropbox client on a computer? Mobile devices (phones, tablets, etc.) do not count towards the referral program.

I have emailed dropbox twice, but they never respond

Have you opened a ticket with Support?

Open your ticket here: https://www.dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Pro users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

suzanne p.7
New member | Level 1

Hi Rich,

Thank you for your response.  I tried to use the, track your ticket link, however, it says that I don't have the correct email and password.  I double checked my email and password on Dropbox, and it is correct.  I then, tried to set up an account thinking that maybe I have to link my Dropbox account with support account.  I then get a response that my email is already linked to a Dropbox account, so I can't use that link to track my ticket.  Obviously, there is a problem.  

Mark
Super User II

There isnt... you've made a mistake. 

The Zendesk system is TOTALLY SEPARATE to Dropbox. So as per the instructions on the site when you first visit you need to request a reset to the password. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

suzanne p.7
New member | Level 1

Ok, I did that.  It says that it is still waiting to be assigned to someone, which was 9 days ago.

Mark
Super User II

Free user?

If so replies do take a long time - especially for non-urgent issues which are not affecting Dropbox. It is a freebie after all. 

Also, yo unen to make sure s Rich said they installed Dropbox from www.dropbox.com/install - an app store on a tablet or mobile (including Windows 😎 does not count. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Terry & Glenda
Explorer | Level 3

W don't see that on the referral page. It just tells you to refer someone to Dropbox 

Rich
Super User II

W don't see that on the referral page.

Don't see what on the referral page? What is the exact issue you're having?

Terry & Glenda
Explorer | Level 3

We don't see any disclaimer that users that use only a mobile device does not give credit for the referral.  I too have talked with the persons invited. They clicked my invitation, installed drop box on iPhone to iPad, some on a laptop, but the status of that email says "waiting for install". They are already using it.  

I may switch to a paid account one day, but I would like the dropbox team to be answering my questions, not another group.

Rich
Super User II

We don't see any disclaimer that users that use only a mobile device does not give credit for the referral.

All mention of the referral process in the help center states that they must install the desktop app. No where does it state that the mobile app qualifies for a referral.

From here: https://www.dropbox.com/help/54

I would like the dropbox team to be answering my questions, not another group.

Then you would need to contact them. The forums are primarily user-supported. While a Dropboxer (that's a Dropbox employee) does post on occasion, most of the support you receive here comes from other users that volunteer their time.

Open your ticket here: https://www.dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Pro users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

john b.174 Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
    Terry & Glenda Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?