cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox for Business account charge

David L.155
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I'm wondering why the hell Dropbox just hit my cc for 750 dollars!?!!?!?! Anyone have this great experience?????

34 Replies 34

Ndnsilkscreener
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Whatever the case, Dropbox should just issue the refund, it's good business practice. They shouldn't hide behind the terms of service to pilfer people for money. I'm never using Dropbox again and redirecting people to other file hosting services.

Brian4
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Talk to your bank.  My bank is crediting the money back to my account.  It was that easy.  

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Just check with your bank as in the UK they will usually do this as soon as you phone and say 'do it', however, when they contact the company to query why they've charged it as soon as they can prove the charges are legitimate (which they are) you can find yourself losing the cash again out of your account

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Brian4
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

My bank is crediting the money back to my account.  Thank god my bank actually defends the consumer over the the big corperation.  All they had to do was look at the Dropbox Business front page on the website to see that it was misleading.  Check the FTC. Just google (inernet sales refund law internet account)  it's the second listing.  The rules are stated very clearly.

Brian4
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

If you are as unhappy as I am with the Dropbox $750 scam please read the https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/advertising-marketing-internet-rules-road#g... page to see how the FTC feels about businesses misleading their consumers.  This is all very illeagal in the USA.  Please contact the FTC about this matter.

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Your inability to understand what is clearly stated does not make it illegal or misleading.

Note: Your other two posts were flagged as spam due to the external links.

Brian4
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

It's not my abillity to understand that is in question according to the FTC.  It's the abillity to mislead and decieve consumers that is the crime.  If Dropbox was conducting legitimate business they would not hide behind someone called a "Super User"  they would take full accounabillity and officially answer or communicate.  Instead they have a phone # that directs you right back to the internet.  They offer online help that does not even know who you are or have access to your account.  If you email them they give a Dropbox minion and refuse to give you a supervisor.  What has let them get away with this so far?  Do they actually plan to stay in business?  Or are they about to go under so they are stealing as much as possible while they still can while they can?

Dropbox $750 dollar scam

Brian4
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

In reply to Super User Mark,

"Thats the cost for Dropbox Business. That means somebody has had a trial of it and continued with it."

Yes they did, against their will.

collectives
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Yes.  They did the same thing to us Friday, March 31.  I had spent 2 hours on chat and the phone trying to upgrade our account and got nothing but the run-around.  They told me to cancel my account, finally ... and re-subscribe.  They said the Advanced Plan would be a monthly billing.  They lied.  We're taking action.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

dmandhoney New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
    Ndnsilkscreener Helpful | Level 6
    collectives Helpful | Level 5
    zdaee741 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?