cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox for Business account charge

David L.155
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I'm wondering why the hell Dropbox just hit my cc for 750 dollars!?!!?!?! Anyone have this great experience?????

34 Replies 34

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Collectivies - you can pay monthly, but, when you join you have to choose that option youself. It doesnt happen automatically.

You've selected (and agreed to throughout the process) to pay annually.

58ea606f353b1c66d0a211ad954022eb.png

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

collectives
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Do not patronize me.  I spent hours on the phone and chat trying to select what you THINK I can do.  It doesn't work.  The monthly plan option doesn't allow you to select it when you are in the Advanced Plan window.  

collectives
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Read below. I'm not an idiot. I know what this page looks like. It doesn't work.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
It does work - I've just done it myself. You choose the option I highlighted in red and then follow the prompts.

You selected the wrong option and rather than just admitting that and phoning up to ask them to swap you over as a rational person would you are shouting lawyers, fraud etc.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

collectives
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Dear Mark the Troll.  The prompts do not work in the way they did for you.  Two hours with phone and chat support could not get them to work either.  We were then charged $735 with no email notice like their normal billing generates.  That is unethical and possibly illegal. You were not part of these chats or phone calls, so please go away.  I would block you if I could.  Thank you.

Brian4
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

If you take action I hope it's a class action suit.  I'm in.

collectives
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Seems like I'm not alone here.  We loved Dropbox untils this fiasco occured. Flag for me was that Dropbox always sent a monthly credit card charge notice email.  This time, they gave no notice of the $735 charge.  A last resort is to dispute the credit card charge.  This will result in a "chargeback" for Dropbox.  Too many chargebacks and the credit card % Dropbox pays to process our credit cards will go up. For the moment,  it looks like this is being resolved.  I handed this mess off to someone younger and who had not been beaten up by 4 hours of chats, phone calls and online run-arounds.  Good luck!

dcampbell1430
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I just experienced the same $750 unknowing upgrade from a personal account to a 5 license user unlimited storage account. I asked for a prorated credit back and to switch back to the individual and they told me to pound sand. The emails are all very cryptic and only talk about the storage upgrade, not the one time non refundable $750. I offered to pay a prorated amount, still they told me no way, the accent in Mumbai didnt help me feel any better about it. I am seriously annoyed with Dropbox

ymleon
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same thing happened to me!!! very upset, I would NEVER have accepted to pay $750 if it had been stated! I can't afford it!!!  Ive used Dropbox for years and recommended it to many friends, but the love has ended for good.  Im never using it again.

David W.160
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I'm with you. So I'm ditching DB and porting over to MS OneDrive. 12.50/month for 1 TB, no "minimum number of licenses," plus it includes Office 365 apps, for all devices, and a few other great resources.  Plus it has better security.  Never thought I would go back to MS anything at all, but they seem to have figured a few things out since I've been gone. 

I've had a DB Business account, but only using 750GB out of 5TB capacity. $75/month, or $900/year.  And my staff hates it, so they don't use it.  DB won't let me downgrade to fewer than 5 licenses, but they WILL let me downgrade to 2TB storage...For the SAME $75/month.  So it's $900/year to store 750GB in the cloud.  What a ripoff.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

dmandhoney New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
    Ndnsilkscreener Helpful | Level 6
    collectives Helpful | Level 5
    zdaee741 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?