cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox for business keeps unlinking

Dropbox for business keeps unlinking

JimmyD27
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

I have a dropbox personal account, and I am also trying to use my work's dropbox business team account. I am able to go through the process of adding my team account to my personal computer and it works fine. However after about 8 hours of usage I recieve a message from the dropbox app telling me that my account has been unlinked from my device. I am immediately able to link my device to the dropbox buisness account again, but I have to resync all my folders each time. As you can imagine having to do this each day gets quite tiresome. Please can you help me fix this, so that my device stays linked to both accounts. Below is a screenshot of the message I get sent each day when this happens. Thanks!

Dropbox Unlinked Crop.png

1 Reply 1

Re: Dropbox for business keeps unlinking

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @JimmyD27, thanks for joining the Community!

If you're not manually unlinking the accounts on the site, then it's possible that the team admin is making changes like this which could be affecting your connection.

They do have the ability to prevent connecting a personal account to a work account.

Could you try checking with them to see if this is possibly what is happening?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?