cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox free storage reduced after ending Dropbox Plus subscription

Dropbox free storage reduced after ending Dropbox Plus subscription

syedhaque
Explorer | Level 3

I used to have Dropbox Basic. Due to referrals I used to have around 28GB of storage in my Dropbox Basic. Then since December 2019 I started a subscription of Dropbox Plus. I ended the subscription on December 2020 as I didn't need extra spaces. But after the subscription ended, I see that my pre dropbox plus storage have been downgraded from around 28GB to around 18GB. I don't understand why my subscription for Dropbox Plus is punishing my previously earned referral bonuses.

7 Replies 7

Re: Dropbox free storage reduced after ending Dropbox Plus subscription

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @syedhaque, thanks for taking the time to message us!

On a Dropbox Basic plan, it wouldn't be possible to get 28 GB of referral quota, since the maximum is 16 GB for 32 referrals.

Most likely you have another promotional offer which temporarily granted you extra quota at that time, and when you downgraded it has already expired at that time.

If you need any further assistance, please let me know!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

syedhaque
Explorer | Level 3

Dear Jay,

I understand that it is not possible to get more than 16GB on referrals. But I am pretty sure I had more space before starting the plus plan.

I know that I had some earned space from Dropbox Space Race and that was already expired before I started the plus plan. Even after that expiration I had almost 28 GB before I started the plus plan.

So I was trying to understand what got expired and on what terms. The dropbox plan page is a bit opaque at showing up what actually happened. It would have been useful to know which promotional offer got expired in the meantime, otherwise it is confusing.

Best,
Syed

Jay
Dropboxer

On the plan page, are you unable to see which promotional quota expired on your account?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

syedhaque
Explorer | Level 3

I do not. I only see the referral bonus earned though invitation. I do not even see the history of the space race bonus earned and it's expiration. But even after the space race bonus expired, I had around 28GB of spaces.

Jay
Dropboxer

In order to see what quota you earned, would it be possible to contact you at the email on your forum profile? Thanks!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

syedhaque
Explorer | Level 3
Sure.

Jay
Dropboxer

I've sent you an email, please could you reply to it when you get a chance!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?