cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox full despite upgrade

Dropbox full despite upgrade

DaisyPipes
Explorer | Level 3

I've upgraded to Dropbox plus but my account is still showing as 'full', any ideas?

6 Replies 6

Re: Dropbox full despite upgrade

Walter
Dropboxer
Hello there @DaisyPipes; thanks for joining our Community!

Can you please clarify if you upgraded your account through our website directly or if it was via the app store on a mobile device?

If the account you're looking at seems to be on the Basic plan, you may have upgraded another one, under another email address of yours. 

In any case, please keep us posted, Daisy!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

devilDogDan
New member | Level 2

walter, i am having this same issue... i did the upgrad - but **bleep** is saying that it wont upgrade officially until my free trial is over. How to i skip this and just upgrade space now ? it is an emergency.

DaisyPipes
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter

Thank you for your reply, I upgraded through your website directly and I only have one account as far as I know, any other suggestions?

Regards

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey there @devilDogDan; thanks for joining the discussion here and sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Can you please try navigating to this page and let me know if you're able to upgrade your account immediately from there?

Moving on to your concern now @DaisyPipes; could you try our self served look-up tool to identify the email address that's associated with your payment?

Does it match exactly what you see in your account's plan tab?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

DaisyPipes
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter

Thank you again for your suggestions, I've looked them up and found that I had somehow upgraded an account I don't recall setting up! So, can you please tell me how I can transfer some of the files into my work dropbox that I originally thought I was using? Or should I cancel my current upgrade and buy a new one through the work account?

Regards

Daphne
Dropboxer
You can try sharing folders from the original account to the upgraded one to easily transfer over the files @DaisyPipes.

Otherwise, how about downloading the folders and just uploading it into the new account via the website, or desktop app if you have it installed?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?