cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox has forced me to switch to the business account when purchase a plus

Dropbox has forced me to switch to the business account when purchase a plus

gahuy
Explorer | Level 4

i have 2 dropbox accounts, one is a personal account and one is a business (work) account, and it's linked together

I want to purchase a Plus on my personal account but anytime I go to the payment screen, it always switches to the business account

Even I logged out the business account, only my personal account is logged here, then make a purchase AND DROPBOX FORCED ME TO SWITCH TO THE BUSINESS ACCOUNT

Have a chat with the sales assistant and tried several ways but nothing works.

Can I upgrade my personal account to Plus, and keep my business account as a basic account?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox has forced me to switch to the business account when purchase a plus

Jay
Dropboxer
If you're paired to a free team, then any attempt to upgrade the personal plan would automatically switch to the free team to upgrade.

You could try to disconnect the two accounts, upgrade the personal account, and then re-connect them again.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Re: Dropbox has forced me to switch to the business account when purchase a plus

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @gahuy, thanks for posting today.

Have you tried upgrading your personal account to Dropbox Plus from this page?

You could also try logging in to your account on an incognito/private browsing window, and try upgrading from there, to see if it works.

Let me know how it goes. 

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

gahuy
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you, @Hannah !

I tried your link and it still forced me to switch to the business account (the same screenshot I sent above)

I also try an incognito mode many times cause the sales assistance has guided me to do that but it's still the same, Dropbox has directed me to the switch account page, with the business account email address pre-filled and disabled.

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @gahuy, are you on a paid Dropbox Business team, or is a free team?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

gahuy
Explorer | Level 4

Hi @Jay, thanks for asking.

Yeah, my business account is in a Basic/Free plan. It's basically my 2nd Dropbox account and it have only me in the team.

My personal account is free too.

Jay
Dropboxer
If you're paired to a free team, then any attempt to upgrade the personal plan would automatically switch to the free team to upgrade.

You could try to disconnect the two accounts, upgrade the personal account, and then re-connect them again.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

gahuy
Explorer | Level 4

I'm thinking about this, maybe the last solution. Will try it and let you know if it works. Thanks everybody

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

gahuy Explorer | Level 4
    Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?