cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox is full notification

Dropbox is full notification

LaCresta
New member | Level 2

I get a daily notification "my DropBox is full and to upgrade". I've looked in notifications and there isn't an option to turn this one off. How do I turn off, or may be easier to just unsubcribe??  Thanks

5 Replies 5

Re: Drop box is full notification

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @LaCresta, thanks for posting your question here. 

If you're getting a notification saying that your account is full, that means that you've exceeded your account's storage and you have stopped syncing. 

In other words, you won't be able to add new and edit existing content, until you bring it below the limit. 

Once you bring your storage below the limit again, the notification should disappear. 

Could you have a look at this article for more information and let me know how it goes? 

Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

LaCresta
New member | Level 2

I know what the notification means. How do I stop it???

Rich
Super User II

@LaCresta wrote:

I know what the notification means. How do I stop it???

There's no option to turn off that particular notification.

Any way to stop Dropbox from continuously begging and spamming?

xave
New member | Level 2

Ok, I got it: my dropbox is almost full. As a matter of fact, it has been for several years (like, litteraly: DB is sending regular mails about it since 2014!), and I've been perfectly comfortable with having only 2Gb free out of my 11Gb Dropbox. This is reference stuff that never changes anyway.

Is there any way to finally be liberated from those incessant mails, OS notifications, and website banners asking me for money?

Re: Any way to stop Dropbox from continuously begging and spamming?

Daphne
Dropboxer
Thanks for posting @xave!

At the moment, there isn't a way to disable the notification I'm afraid.

The notifications are automatically prompted when you are almost at the storage capacity.

If you'd be interested, perhaps you can check out this suggestion and give it a vote to show your support.

Sorry that I can't be of much more help with this, but please let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?