cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox refuses to refund a year of unwilling charges

Highlighted

Dropbox refuses to refund a year of unwilling charges

New member | Level 2

I want to dispute my last year of dropbox charges. I thought my account was cancelled when my associated email expired. I was told by a dropbox customer service rep that only my bank could refund me the charges, but my bank said that only the merchant can. I was fully unaware of these charges because the invoices were being sent to a nonexistent email account. I want to be refunded for the last year of charges for an account I have not used. I feel as if I have been robbed almost $400, but there is no customer support for me to talk to. 

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox refuses to refund a year of unwilling charges

Dropboxer

Hello there @Fife1407, I'm sorry to hear about your experience!

You mentioned speaking with a Dropbox Support member, would you mind sharing your ticket number (eg. #1234567) with me for this interaction so that I can check on this from my side too?

In general, the subscriptions are not refundable unless required by law, which you can check out more about here.

Since the charges were from up to a year ago, then the advice that was suggested to you would be the best method to follow here.

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?