cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox requesting upgrade account, (?out of space) but i have already paid subscription 3 week ago?

Dropbox requesting upgrade account, (?out of space) but i have already paid subscription 3 week ago?

alistair_regan
Explorer | Level 3

Dropbox requesting upgrade to account, (?claims it is out of space)
but i have already paid subscription 3-5 week ago?

I have transactions automatically from my account $208.46 aus$ (and have since 2018!).
When i check my dropbox account - it shows as basic account only.

I have had email that my plan is changing to plus 2 days ago? -- whats going on.... - 

It seems i have a basic account - despit paying over $200 and they want me to upgrade - currently have apparently 44.8 gb used...(against allocation of 9gb)?? help .....i cant find any way to actually contact Dropbox to sort this.

9 Replies 9

Re: Dropbox requesting upgrade account, (?out of space) but i have already paid subscription 3 we...

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hello @alistair_regan4, I'm sorry to hear about that!

Can you confirm for me, was your subscription made directly through the Dropbox website? 

Or was it made through the app store on your mobile device? 

You can check from your bank statement if the charge was "DROPBOX*" or if it shows "Apple/Google".

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Dropbox requesting upgrade account, (?out of space) but i have already paid subscription 3 we...

alistair_regan
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for your note.. it starts with 'Dropbox' 

alistair

Walter
Dropboxer

In that case, you could use our self served look up tool to identify the email address that's associated with the most recent charge from Dropbox @alistair_regan.

Does it match the email address for your current account as shown on your account's settings online?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Upgraded but still showing basic

alistair_regan
Explorer | Level 3

i have a similar problem - have paid for several years for 2gb - but dropbox claims i havent - i have proof, but no idea how to actally contact a person to discuss

dropbox doesn't ignore requests for help that dont actually meet any standard answers

alistair_regan
Explorer | Level 3

i have paid for several years for 2gb - recently in November 2020

- but dropbox seems to think i haven't - i have proof, but no idea how to actally contact a person to discuss dropboxcharges.jpg

Re: dropbox doesn't ignore requests for help that dont actually meet any standard answers

alistair_regan
Explorer | Level 3

the consequence is that i cannot use my dropbox!

Re: dropbox doesn't ignore requests for help that dont actually meet any standard answers

alistair_regan
Explorer | Level 3

My BIG IDEA ... that:

dropbox doesn't ignore requests for help that dont actually meet any standard answers

alistair_regan
Explorer | Level 3
Thanks Margaret
The payment was an automatic withdrawal from my bank account- see screen shot of last half dozen Dropbox payments//thanks

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @alistair_regan, at this point, I'd recommend contacting our Support team to have a better look into this, due to account-specific info that'll be needed. 

You can do this from this link, using an incognito window, without signing in to your account. 

Once you do that, let us know the ID (eg. #1234567).

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?