cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox's Bait and Switch

mconnelly000
New member | Level 2

I signed up for the free 7-day trial, with no intention of signing up for a paid service. I thought that I had cancelled almost immediately after, but maybe I did not. However, I did not expect to get charged $200 for a full year up front! I requested a refund and even offered to pay monthly for the services I had used after my trial had lapsed, but was told no - my account is not eligible for a refund. I have recently lost my job and I'm the sole provider to my wife and son - and Dropbox doesn't seem to care what plight this has taken on my family. I'm very upset. I'll be cancelling my account and will use one of the many other alternatives to Dropbox if a need arises, and recommend the same to family/friends/network. 

1 Reply 1

Re: Dropbox's Bait and Switch

Walter
Dropboxer
Hi @mconnelly000, thanks for posting on our Community and sorry to hear about this.

It's true that we don't provide refunds unless required by law as this Help Center article outlines. 

Thank you for the feedback on this one and please let us know if you have any questions we may assist with. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?