cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox saying it is full even though it is not

Dropbox saying it is full even though it is not

Peter T.18
New member | Level 1

Hi!
I just "lost" the 25gb that I had gotten from the space race, so I went over my limit, After deleting almost everything from my dropbox, it still says I am well over my limit. It says i am using 12.9 GB of my 2GB, even though there isn't anything close to that size still in my dropbox. I even permanently deleted everything and left all shared folders..
Any ideas? maybe some way to show all files so that I can see what might be causing the problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox saying it is full even though it is not

Mark
Super User II

How are you deleting them? Make sure they've gone from www.dropbox.com/home and that if you left the shares you also deleted the folder

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Mark
Super User II

How are you deleting them? Make sure they've gone from www.dropbox.com/home and that if you left the shares you also deleted the folder

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

timothy s.8
New member | Level 1

I have a similar problem -- I am over limit and after deleting many files it shows even more over my limit not less, sorry this is not what you wanted to read!

Peter T.18
New member | Level 1

I think I mainly deleted them from the folder on my PC, but they are definitely gone from the online view as well. There are only a few folders left in that view, they should have a size of max. 1 GB.

Anne B.24
New member | Level 1

I am having the same problem and have tried many different suggestions and none work. I am only attached to one folder which is way below 2GB. BUT I just saw that they have a ton of files in their trash that are not deleted. I suspect this could count toward my limit. I will report back if deleting that helps.

Rich
Super User II

Deleted files do not count against your quota. You might try restarting the Dropbox client (or rebooting your computer) and allowing it to re-index your files.

John K.76
New member | Level 1

My Dropbox folder appeared empty when viewed in Finder (MacOS), but in Dropbox settings it said I was still using 50% of my quota. I followed Mark Mc's advice above, and looked at my Dropbox home page, and there were still files there! I deleted those via the web page, and now I'm back down to 0%. Thanks Mark Mc. (But there must be a bug, since I wasn't able to see those files from the Finder on my Mac).

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

John K.76 New member | Level 1
    Rich Super User II
    Anne B.24 New member | Level 1
    Peter T.18 New member | Level 1
    timothy s.8 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?