cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dropbox sends security code to a dead email address

Explorer | Level 4

Hi guys, I hope you can help me with the following. I'm trying to log into my Dropbox-account using an emailadres that no longer exists. I know my password, but Dropbox sends a security code to an emailadres that no longer exists (and hasn't existed for many years). Now I don't remember activating 2-step verification for this account, but is there any way to have the security code sent to my new emailadres? 

Many thanks!

Alzo

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox sends security code to a dead email address

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @Alzo. Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Happy to explain what is going on here and help you solve this. 

The email that you have received is a legitimate email from Dropbox. It is not a 2FA email though. This message is sent because you have recently attempted to log in to your account. It's a verification code to complete the sign in process.This process has implemented this to prevent abuse on your account. 

No worries though! There is a way we can help if you don't have access to your old email. Please create a ticket here and post your ticket number in our discussion here. 

I will send your case to our account security team.  

Thank you!

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Re: Dropbox sends security code to a dead email address

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Fiona, thank you for your response. My ticket number is 10034109.

Best wishes,

Alzo

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?