cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox steals my money from my debit card

Highlighted

Dropbox steals my money from my debit card

Explorer | Level 3

I saw a msg asSBIDrCard X3586 used for Rs990.00 on16May20 at00248745 Txn#394125 If not done fwd this SMS to 9223008333/call1800111109/9449112211 to block Card....but I didn't make any transaction last night .

Please refund back my money please

9 Replies 9
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox steals my money from my debit card

Super User II

So if you didnt make that transaction last night have you blocked your card as it says as somebody somewhere has cloned your card?

You need to speak to your card company not Dropbox

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
Last month also ...I lost my money 990 ...please refund back my money ....I hadn't used dropbox anytime and anywhere ..I even don't know this app also ...how can u take my amount with out my permission
Highlighted

Super User II

Dropbox cannot take money without SOMEBODY giving it the card number. 

If it was not you it was somebody else so, as the link says speak to your card company. 

- - -

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
I also went to card company because the transaction details shows ur company name(google dropbox)...card company tell that go and ask u ...how u can steal 2 times without ur permission
Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
Ok please refund back my money and cancel my subscription please ....
Highlighted

Super User II

Dropbox does not offer refunds - hence I'm saying your card need to deal with it if you did not give your details over. If you did then you've lost the money as Dropbox has legally done what its supposed to do and was authorised to do. 

Use this to try and find the account that is linked to the charge and stop future (not past, future) payments: https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/payments-billing/find-credit-card-charge

- - -

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
I already done this ...dropbox says that transaction I'd can't find ... please once call me .. will explain detail ... please give me ur number please ...
Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
Y u not refund back my money ...as I don't know this bloddy app ..and how can I give my details to this. ... today only I saw this steal ng app ...I have to complaint in court using transaction details on u please understand and respond quickly
Highlighted

Super User II

I do not work for Dropbox. 

The people who work for Dropbox are at www.dropbox.com/support. They are the ONLY ONES who can help. As I said though unless you gave Dropbox your account details the credit card company needs to sort it.

I've given you all the advice and support we can on here, sorry.

- - -

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?