cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox still charges fee after cancellation,

Dropbox still charges fee after cancellation,

Ozgurc75
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have already cancelled my account in January 2019 and received an email about closure. After I reviewed my credit card account today I saw 99 USD of fee is withdrawn from my credit card and I can not see the explanation because the link related with payments do not operate. I wrote an email to dropbox support today but a useless AI mail delivered. It offers a reactivation and then closing etc. Hope this will be solved without any more waste of time. 

42 Replies 42

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for joining us here @hoverda, I'm sorry to hear that!

Since it's a 14 day trial, did you start this trial through the Dropbox mobile app? If so, the subscription will be handled by your device's app store.

If you'd like to double check that the subscription is cancelled, please have a look at the steps outlined here. In regards to a refund, you can also find the steps in the "Learn more" options linked in that article for each app store.

Let me know what you find!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

AndrewP
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I had a second account that i cancelled before the free trial was over and my credit card has been charged for it. How do i get a refund for the charge? Thanks

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @AndrewP, I hope you're well today!

Since you mentioned that you started a free trial, was this possible done through the Dropbox app on your mobile device?

If so, please check out this article here with the steps on how to cancel and look into a refund for this charge.

Otherwise, we would need to look into this with you via our Support channel due to the nature of the info we'd need to discuss with you.

While signed into the account you had the trial with, please visit this page and fill in the relevant details under "Submit a Help Request".

Let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

AndrewP
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi!

I can't sign in with the account that i had the free trial with because i deleted it when i cancelled the free trial.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for getting back to me here @AndrewP!

In that case, via an incognito window please visit this page and fill in the "Submit a Help Request" form under there.

You can enter "Not sure" for the first option and then please make sure to enter an email address that you can access and receive emails to, and then fill in the rest with the requested details.

Feel free to let me know the ticket number you receive (eg. #1234567) and I can follow up with you there.

Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

kelcor
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

i have cancelled drop box and it continues to chage me 

i want a refund 

[removed as per the Community's Guidelines] kelly 

please and thank you 

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @kelcor; I'm sorry for the late reply.

If you're still having issues with this, I'd suggest contacting our support team through an incognito window without signing into any account. 

When on this page, click on the 'Need help with a billing issue?' button and submit a Help Request from the relevant option at the bottom of the page and input your payment's information along with an email address we can reach you. 

I hope this gets resolved for you soon, Kelly. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

camillerb
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I was also charged after cancelling my free trial! I am certain I canceled it, and I am very disappointed to see a charge on my account as of today. How can I get a refund?

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @camillerb, thanks for joining the Community!

I'm sorry to hear about this situation. According to our system, I can see you were able to contact the support team directly regarding this matter, and they were able to resolve it for you.

If you require any further assistance, please let us know!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Madison-7
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hi I thought I canceled my drop box account I haven’t used in 2 months and I just got charged twice.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    limmediaunlimited New member | Level 2
    jamesfairbairn New member | Level 2
    BINMIN New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?