cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox still charges fee after cancellation,

Dropbox still charges fee after cancellation,

Ozgurc75
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have already cancelled my account in January 2019 and received an email about closure. After I reviewed my credit card account today I saw 99 USD of fee is withdrawn from my credit card and I can not see the explanation because the link related with payments do not operate. I wrote an email to dropbox support today but a useless AI mail delivered. It offers a reactivation and then closing etc. Hope this will be solved without any more waste of time. 

42 Replies 42

jamesfairbairn
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I did the 30 day trial for my business but then my credit card account is showing a now showing a transaction from Dropbox for $18.49 but when I log on it is asking me to upgrade my plan. At this stage all I want to do is to access this billing information, but can't until I upgrade the plan - rather like being held hostage. No upgrade, then no information on why you've been billed in the first place (& no access to support)!

1. Why was i was charged?
2. How can I access the billing information?

limmediaunlimited
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hey James,

Please visit the following thread. It might give you answers of your questions:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-accounts-billing/Dropbox-still-charges-fee-after-cancellatio.../

Thanks

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there @jamesfairbairn, thanks for checking in with us. 

Generally, you can access your billing information and find receipts/invoices from your Billing tab online. 

As for your past trial, it sounds like you may be part of a free team now, which you can disband

That way, you'll be back to having an individual account and you can upgrade it at any point in time.

However, since you mention that you have an unidentified charge, I'd recommend reaching out to our Support team. You can do so from this link, using an incognito window (without being signed in). 

Once you submit your request, let me know the ticket ID (eg. #1234567) so that I can look into it for you. 

Give me a shout with any updates, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    limmediaunlimited New member | Level 2
    jamesfairbairn New member | Level 2
    BINMIN New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?