cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox was granted access to your Google Account

Highlighted

Dropbox was granted access to your Google Account

Explorer | Level 3

Hello. I received an email that "Dropbox was granted access to your Google Account" from another country. I did not have a dropbox account to my knowlegde, and I would like to make sure my account is disconnected and all data purged.

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox was granted access to your Google Account

Dropboxer

Hi @contactme; welcome to our Community!

Can you please forward me a screenshot of the whole email so I can have a look?

While at it, can you check if this email was sent by one of our official domains? 

Let me know what you find! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

security_alert.png

It's from google, it's official and legitimate. I entered my google security settings and had to remove dropbox.

I ommitted my email address for privacy. If I can send you that privately please let me know how.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

In that case, I'd suggest contacting Google to ask about this directly @contactme.

As you see the email is coming from them so you'd be better off asking them for guidance. 

I hope this gets resolved for you soon.

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I have also contacted google, but I wanted to make sure Dropbox would a) remove any data that was shared with it, b) find the account that connected to my google account, and c) potentially close an attack vector that is open via Dropbox. Is there a Dropbox security team that is interested in helping?

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey there @contactme, I just wanted to jump in and mention that, in general, if you think that your Dropbox account was hacked, you can check out this article for some suggestions on how to tackle this. 

If you have any other concerns regarding this, you can submit a Help Request via an incognito window (without signing in) and filling out the relevant information required. 

In the meantime, if you have any other questions, just give us a shout. Thanks!

Lusil

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?