cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn free storage.

Earn free storage.

shivani744
Explorer | Level 3

I have referred 2 of my friends on dropbox and I should be getting 500 mb space for each of them. they have done all necessary steps however I still get the status as "Waiting for install" Why is it so?

1 Reply 1

Re: Earn free storage.

Mark
Super User II

If it says waiting for an install it means they've not yet installed it. Remember that to get that they need to install it on a UNIQUE computer - mobile and tablets do not count (i.e. it has to come from www.dropbox.com/downloading) rather than an app store. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?