cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email address issues

Weefifer
New member | Level 2

What a frustrating hour, trying to contact for help! Chat bot no use, no way to contact a person. I want to change the email address that is associated with the account, eventually went to web to do this (would have been helpful in the info to tell you that). The new email is already in use, don’t know when that was set up. Do I have to delete the account with new email address that I now want to be associated with my regular one. ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Email address issues

Mark
Super User II

Hi @Weefifer 

Yes if there is already an account with your email in use you'll need to delete that one first by logging in and going to account to close it. Once you've done that you can then swap it in to the account you want it on 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

Hi @Weefifer 

Yes if there is already an account with your email in use you'll need to delete that one first by logging in and going to account to close it. Once you've done that you can then swap it in to the account you want it on 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Weefifer
New member | Level 2

Thank you, all done

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Weefifer New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?