Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Email notification for out of space

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Hello,

We use Dropbox for our small non-profit. Recently, our Executive Director got an email notification to her account that said the Dropbox was full. However, we do have the organization's Dropbox under her account. It's under a different account. When I log in to our account, it says we have only used 186 GB of 1 TB used. The Dropbox payment may be linked to her email address, but then I'd still be confused with why she is getting this message? My only other thought was maybe she has a personal Dropbox account that she's not aware of that is full?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Email notification for out of space

Super User II
Super User II

Sounds like its either a separate account OR its a phishing email.

Also you may want to ask her to strongly consider/risk assess having all staff using 1 or 2 accounts - its a logistical nightmare. for example, you get 1 rouge employee in the future. They know the password so permanently delete the account. All the data is then lost and theres nothing Dropbox can do. Also everybody on 1 account means everybody can change things like email addresses etc. - accidentally or intentionally

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Sounds like its either a separate account OR its a phishing email.

Also you may want to ask her to strongly consider/risk assess having all staff using 1 or 2 accounts - its a logistical nightmare. for example, you get 1 rouge employee in the future. They know the password so permanently delete the account. All the data is then lost and theres nothing Dropbox can do. Also everybody on 1 account means everybody can change things like email addresses etc. - accidentally or intentionally

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I just got an email saying I have run out of space and y account is no longer syncing.  I have used only 3.2 GB of 1.01 TB of space...

I need to get my files syncing.  What do I do!!??

Highlighted

Experienced Collaborator | Level 11

What does https://www.dropbox.com/account#personal tell you about your space usage?

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

As mentioned , it says the following.'

3.2 GB of 1.01 TB used

Regular files (184.4 MB)

Shared files (3 GB)

Unused space (1 TB)

Highlighted

Ok, so no problem on the Dropbox end of things.

What does it say when you mouseover the Dropbox client icon in your system tray/menu bar?

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Drop Box  3.8.9 up to date... It looked liked it just synced.

b

Highlighted

At a glance, it doesn't appear anything is misbehaving or isn't working as it should.

Upload or drop something new into your Dropbox folder, if it syncs and no error reports are thrown out by the client, then the answer will be conclusive.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?