cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Email spam from my account (?)

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hey,

A number of my contacts are being sent dropbox emails (as in, from Dropbox) however, I am not sending this. How is it possible to know where these emails are originiating from and how to ensure they stop getting sent.

Client's have told me this, and this is very alarming.

Have reset password on Dropbox from the account they are clamining to come from, there is nothing in my email sent folder indicating they are from my email account.

Is it possible for someone at Dropbox to advise if my email address has been compromised?

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Email spam from my account (?)

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @dean7. Thanks for sharing this with our Community. 

When you are having a privacy concern the first place to check, is your security page online. Let me know if you see browser sessions or devices that you don't recognise there: https://www.dropbox.com/account/security

Can the users that informed you for the emails, get us a screenshot of the email in question? 

It would be really helpful to understand what is going on. Thank you!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior or have a question, feel free to Ask for help from the Community here.]

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?