cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency Backup codes are 8 digits

Highlighted

Emergency Backup codes are 8 digits

Explorer | Level 4

I am unable to use 2 factor authentication due to resetting my phone, however I have my emergency backup codes. Only issue is that Dropbox asks for a 16 digit code and my backup codes are 8 digits. 

When I slect my account, it asks for my password then asks me to enter my 2-step verification code. I select having trouble getting a code? The next option that comes up is to sign in with a backup emergency code however it is asking for 16 digits and my backup codes are all 8 digits so it does not work.

Is there anything I can do to get my account back?

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Re: Emergency Backup codes are 8 digits

Dropboxer

Hi there @Kojo baafi, I hope you're well today!

Since we would need to look into this with some account specific details with you, I'd have to suggest contacting our Support team.

To do so, please visit this page here and fill in the relevant details under "Submit a help request".

Once you've done this, you can let me know the ticket number (eg. #1234567) so that I can follow up with the info you provided here if you'd like to.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Daphne,

Thank you for your response, the link took me to "contact Dropbox support" however there is no "submit a help request" section. If it helps I e-mailed support a few months ago regarding the 2 factor authentication of this and they gave me a ticket #10132328.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Could you try opening the link in an incognito window in case you're signed into another Dropbox account @Kojo baafi?

Since that ticket you mentioned is closed, it would be best to open a new ticket. You may need to scroll down the page a little to see the "Submit a help request section".

Hope this helps!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4
Hi Daphne,

Thank you, that worked. Here is the ticket number that was created for me #10704991.

Thanks
Highlighted

Dropboxer

I've just passed along your comments @Kojo baafi, and I can see that you're in the right hands there. 

If there's anything else that I can help with, don't hesitate to get back to me here.

Hope you have a great day!

Daphne

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4
Hi Daphne,

Great, thank you for all your help.

Have a great day.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?