cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employee no longer with company and not reachable, 2FA with personal phone, Account Transfer

Highlighted

Employee no longer with company and not reachable, 2FA with personal phone, Account Transfer

New member | Level 2

The admin account is under an employee that is no longer with the company and is unreachable.

2FA is under the ex-employee's personal phone.

I was told but a dropbox business staff member (Julie Ikeda) that we would be able to transfer the admin role in the account to a current employee as long as we provided the following:

- Dropbox Transaction ID

- Admin Account email (to which we have access to because it is a Company email)

The subscription is being paid for by the Company Credit Card.

None of the support seem to read my emails about calling me back.

What phone number can I call to contact Dropbox Business Support if I can't access the admin account?

Thank you

11 Replies 11
Highlighted

Re: Employee no longer with company and not reachable, 2FA with personal phone, Account Transfer

Dropboxer

Hi there @dlin008,

Currently, phone support is only available to Dropbox Business admins during local business hours.

You can find more info about your support options and response times in this article

However, since you mention that:

@dlin008 wrote:

I was told but a dropbox business staff member

Could you please send me the ticket ID (it's a seven digit number, eg. #1234567)?

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: Employee no longer with company and not reachable, 2FA with personal phone, Account Transfer

New member | Level 2

Hi Lusil.

The ticket numbers that are associated with my requests are the following:

I have attached screenshots of the Dropbox Business emails that have requested the information on dropbox transaction IDs and admin email account.

Please contact me at [personal information removed as per Community Guidelines].

I can provide the credentials required (per Julie from Dropbox Business).

[screenshot removed as per Community Guidelines]

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me, @dlin008

Initially, please note that I removed personal information included in your post above for security and privacy purposes. 

I've also passed your comments along to the members of my team reviewing this matter for you. 

Finally, please bear in mind that in order to ensure an efficient investigation, you'll have to continue troubleshooting with the already existing tickets you have with my colleagues as opening new support requests will only delay and prolong the process. 

Thanks in advance once again!

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Thank you,

Can I expect to have a call from the support team by EOD today?

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Currently, our Support team doesn't offer the option for outbound calls but as soon as my colleagues have more info on the matter, they'll get back to you via email. 

Hope this helps to some extent! 

Lusil

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Great!

What other information would you like me to provide?

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Due to this matter requiring account-specific information, there's not much further details necessary here as this is a public platform. 

Please redirect any info that might help the investigation to the ongoing discussions you have via email. 

Thanks in advance for your patience and cooperation, @dlin008!

Lusil

Highlighted

Admin Left the Company. Dropbox Business Support Keeps closing request.

New member | Level 2

Hi,

Request#9522137

The admin for account has left the company without sharing credential to login and has enabled 2FA to his personal phone. They are unreachable to transfer admin role to our current team.

Dropbox Support has essentially said that if we do not have the backup codes/emergency codes then we can not change the admin of the company account.

We have the company email it is registered under.

We have located the invoices through Dropbox's invoice finder.

>These invoices can only be found with the credit card used to pay for the subscription (Which is the Company Credit Card)

Dropbox Support has done nothing but tell us that email alone cannot prove identity. (We can provide our credentials but they never asked...)

There is no number to call for thier support and every answer they give is cut/paste from a script.

Who do I have to call or message to get back our Company Dropbox Account.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Hi Lusil.

Dropbox Business Support does not seem to be reading our credentials that I have presented to them nor have they asked for anymore information to show that the account is our Company's.

Who can I contact that can help us switch the admin role on our company account?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?