cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ending The Basic Free Trial

Ending The Basic Free Trial

ec67678
New member | Level 2

Hey, I am trying to cancel my basic free trial. I have looked at the article for doing it, and it tells me to click on my avatar to settings to plan tab to manage plan to cancel trial. I have click on my avatar and went to settings. However, I do not see the manage plan. I see current plan, personal dropbox space, and want to refer to a friend? Also, it won't let me click on the current plan. I just want to cancel my free trial. It was out of anger that I did the free trial, and now I regret it. Can anyone help me out, please?

3 Replies 3

Re: Ending The Basic Free Trial

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @ec67678, thanks for posting on our Community today!

Dropbox Basic is the free version of Dropbox, so you can't cancel that, actually.

If you're signed in to a Basic account at the moment, you won't be able to find a cancel button.

You'll need to sign in to the account that's on a trial first and then you should be able to cancel it.

Let me know how it goes.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ec67678
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I did what you said, and it told me that I had successfully canceled the free trial. I haven't gotten the email though. So, I shouldn't get billed for this right? 

Hannah
Dropboxer
Yes, you should be good to go!

If you need anything else, though, make sure to let us know.

Have a great day!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
    ec67678 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?