cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineering Apprentice, Dropbox IGNITE (2021) Technical issue.

Engineering Apprentice, Dropbox IGNITE (2021) Technical issue.

WebbScript
Helpful | Level 5

I applied for the Engineering Apprentice, Dropbox IGNITE (2021) and got a message saying that an error occurred. Was my application saved? I know this is the last day to apply so I'm a little nervous.

11 Replies 11

Dropbox IGNITE apprenticeship program 404 error

fu510
Helpful | Level 5

Hello,

I tried to apply to the Dropbox IGNITE apprenticeship program, which I understand is open until today (February 17). I got a 404 not found error when I submitted, and have not been able to access the page in subsequent tries. Is there another channel that I can submit through given this error? I'd really appreciate any information on this, as I would truly love to be considered.

Thank you!

Re: Engineering Apprentice, Dropbox IGNITE (2021) Technical issue.

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hi @WebbScript and @fu510, sorry to hear about this!

You should have received an email after applying for the position, could you check in your inbox and see if you received anything about this?

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

WebbScript
Helpful | Level 5
Hello @Daphne,

Thank you for responding so quickly. I checked my inbox as well as my spam and did not see an email regarding my application’s submission. How should I proceed?

fu510
Helpful | Level 5

Hi @Daphne,

Thank you so much for the response! I did not receive a confirmation email after hitting the submit button - just the 404 error page, so I am wondering if it did not go through. If you could let me know what else I can do, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks so much!

Fu

Daphne
Dropboxer
Thanks for the updates!

Do you happen to have a screenshot of the error message to send to me here? The visual is always helpful.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

fu510
Helpful | Level 5

Hi @Daphne ,

Thanks again for the quick response. Please find below the 404 screenshot I received when I applied. Thanks so much!

404 screenshot2.png

WebbScript
Helpful | Level 5
Sadly, I did not get a screen shot. But the message said something akin to “there was an error on this page but don’t worry your information was saved and a Dropboxer was notified.” I became nervous when I did not get the email confirmation.

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @WebbScript, after looking into this further, applications were closed at 5pm on February 17th.

If you tried to apply after that time, then you would get that error message since the deadline had expired.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

rsr2425
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Jay,
Thanks for the information. 5pm in what time zone? I also encountered this error, but I assumed the deadline would be 11:59pm PST on 2/17 since the job posting only mentioned February 17th, no specific time.
Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?