cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error using AppleID signin

Error using AppleID signin

Explorer | Level 3

"We couldn’t find a Dropbox account matching the email xxxxxxxxxx@privaterelay.appleid.com. Sign up for a new account or get help signing in to an existing account." error message received when trying to signing with Apple ID. The Apple ID emaila nd Dropbox email match

13 Replies 13

Re: Error using AppleID signin

Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @WilyUlysses,

Where do you put your Apple ID?

изображение.png

In the field 1 or 2? :thinking face::slightly smiling face:

Hope this gives right direction.

Explorer | Level 3

OK if I put my email in #2 or just leave #2 blank, I get teh same window as in #1 but without a textbox.

Instead I get a "SIgn in using your <my_email>" and below it a blue link with "Use a different email". I have touch ID on my Mac. If I simply hit that, I get the error message. If I click the blue link, then I get  text box, enter my email and press touch ID.

Then a window pops up asking if I wish to continue using my Apple ID, and if I click yes, I get the error message again; click no and I get the initial sign in screen.

Hi @WilyUlysses,

Screenshot_20201227_000849.jpg

Have you filled the password? :index pointing up:

Explorer | Level 3

Yes indeed I have. Filled using touch ID.

Ok, password filled. I'm guessing you confirmed the input finally. And... What's next? 🧐 Can you put some screenshots here? (without personal info)

Dropboxer

Hi @WilyUlysses, it sounds like you're using the 'Hide my email' option when signing in, is this correct?

Are you able to login while not using the Hide my Email option?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

Jay, I am not sure where the Hide my Email option is set. Can you point me at it?

Dropboxer

Hi @WilyUlysses, when you open the mobile app and select to sign in with Apple, there should be two options to either share or to hide your email. 

If you don't see it, could you send us a screenshot (without any personal info) of what comes up?

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

I'm not using the iPhone app (or the Android one). I am using the web browser interface at dropbox.com on Safari running on a Mac.

If I switch to using Safari on my iPhone, then after I choose Signon with AppleID and successfully signon using my AppleID, the app simply returns to the original signon screen (the one with the Signon with AppleID or Signon with Google buttons) without any error message; slightly different behavior from what occurs on my Mac but still essentially a failure.

The signon pages for Dropbox.com on a web browser do not have any options for hidden email addresses.

Yeah I know, I could probably make this much easier on myself if I switched to using the Dropbox app, but I don't wish to download the app for various reasons.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?