cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Even though I have been paying for my account, its seems I don't have space

Even though I have been paying for my account, its seems I don't have space

New member | Level 2

I have had a dropbox acct. for several years, I've been paying $11.99 per month for months; however, I keep getting invitations from Dropbox to upgrade my account. Why? when I log in, and check my settings, it shows that I only have 29 gigs left, where I should have much, much more space left. 

There is NO HUMAN to talk to in Dropbox. No videos address my question. WHAT DO I DO?

I went ahead and cancelled last year, and started a new account again... It still takes me to the faulty account. As far as Dropbox is concerned, I'm only a trial account user. What about the several $$$ I've paid over the past few months?????

This is so frustratin.

2 Replies 2

Re: loging in

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @1476101, welcome to the Dropbox Community!

If you're getting prompted to upgrade, it sounds like your account is a free Basic one and not a paid one. 

What do you see in the plan tab of your account settings? 

And are you still paying for an account to this day? Because, if you cancelled it, it's normal that it would get downgraded and you'd lose your extra space.

Let me know what you find. 

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: loging in

New member | Level 2

I've tried everything. Nowhere does the word PLAN appear.  Under MY PROFILE, MY SETTINGS, MY SUBSCRIPTION.  Nowhere does it show me the type of plan I'm subscribed to.  All I know is that I've been paying $11.99 for several months, and all I have left is 29 gig of memory. 

This silly account is totally worthless. Not very user friendly.  It seems that it would be VERY EASY to find out how much memory I have left, and all the information in my account. NOT SO. Very disappointed.   In one word, DROPBOX sucks swamp water.  I have it. I'll probably cancel it

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

1476101 New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?