cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired Password, Cannot Reset Unable to Access Email.

Expired Password, Cannot Reset Unable to Access Email.

cchan
Explorer | Level 3

Hi all,

My dropbox password has recently expired. I am unable to login to my email account associated with it so I cannot reset it that way. Additionally, I don't have a device connected to it at the moment.

I have tried to open a support ticket with dropbox but I get an email coming back saying

"Replies to this email are routed to an unmonitored inbox and will not be answered by our support team."

Are there any other methods I can use to get in contact with the login department of the Dropbox team?

Thank you

3 Replies 3

Re: Expired Password, Cannot Reset Unable to Access Email.

Rich
Super User II

@cchan wrote:

I have tried to open a support ticket with dropbox but I get an email coming back saying

"Replies to this email are routed to an unmonitored inbox and will not be answered by our support team."

Are there any other methods I can use to get in contact with the login department of the Dropbox team?

You'll need to contact Dropbox Suport directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for sign in issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

cchan
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, they have not replied to my query and I have noticed they closed the case without responding. Is there an alternative way to contact them and get a reply?

Rich
Super User II

@cchan wrote:

Is there an alternative way to contact them and get a reply?

No, there isn't.

Unfortunately, if you can no longer access the email address associated with your account, you likely won't be able to access your Dropbox account again. Your best option at this point would be to contact your previous email provider and ask them to reactivate your email address, at which point you'll be able to reset your Dropbox password.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?