cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Expired password - frustration

Expired password - frustration

DanielleJB
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Tried to log in on one computer when I received notification that my password expired.

Was still logged into my account on another computer. Tried to change the password and it wouldn't take.

I can't access my email address linked with Dropbox, because it no longer exists.  Which happened at the same time Dropbox expired my password.

Created a new account and was transferring files over when my computer rebooted and logged me out.

Have tried every option, including contacting support (Ticket #12385790) in which I was told to log into my account to see what my support options were. WHAT THE HECK? How am I supposed to do that when I am locked out. Someone obviously didn't read my issue.

I use Dropbox for the cloud feature and to store important documents, etc.  I am hopeful that someway, somehow, someone can help me.  I know my old password and can provide detailed answers to any questions.  

Please help. Thank you.

35 Replies 35

manual
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I wonder if I could use GDPR to correct my email address, as my account should have my full name on record. This is identifiable information after all.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
I've sent you an email, @Candacejack, please could you reply to it when you get a chance.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

manual
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

My ticket finally got escalated to someone who is an "account security manager" at Dropbox, and after verifying my identity, they helped me with resetting my password, which removed the requirement for the 6-digit code as well.

If anyone from this thread is still trying to get through support, keep trying! Ask for an escalation if you feel like the ticket isn't going anywhere. I went through ~5 support agents before one of them finally escalated it.

Candacejack
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
@manual thanks, I too was able to get my tickets resolved and now have access to my old photos

Threeebeds
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
If I can somehow tag along here I’m having the exact same issue as these users.
Can’t access my original email address due to it being set up by my old college which has since run itself into the ground. All emails were closed by them when they shut their doors.

If y’all can help fast track this somehow/prevent a big uneccessry email back n forth like everyone else had to it would be appreciated so so much.

Other wise I guess I just gotta put on my Karen wig and throw a tantrum until they fold… don’t really wanna tho.

Ticket #15595209: DB: Account access

Note: I did only submit this today.. but from reading above
I have a good idea what the responses are going be for a while when the do
Eventually reply.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @Threeebeds, let me see what I can do to help! 

I checked, and it seems you've already been connected to one of our support agents. 

The best thing you can do is to continue working on this with the specialized agent in order to see what the best way to continue is. 

Thanks a lot. I'm here if you need anything.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?