cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired password with no access to email.

Expired password with no access to email.

Dakodab03
New member | Level 2

So I have a Dropbox account under an old email. I tried logging in and my password expired. However I don't have access to the old Gmail account because the recovery Gmail along with the Gmail used in the old Dropbox account require a code from my old phone number. So im stuck in this neverending circle of not being able to log in. And its quite ridiculous how even though I entered the correct password that I can't get into MY account. Help please.

1 Reply 1

Re: Expired password with no access to email.

Rich
Super User II

@Dakodab03 wrote:
So I have a Dropbox account under an old email. I tried logging in and my password expired. However I don't have access to the old Gmail account because the recovery Gmail along with the Gmail used in the old Dropbox account require a code from my old phone number.

Unfortunately, you'll either need access to the email address associated with your account, or you'll need an active device already linked to the account. Without either of those, it's not possible to gain access to the account.

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?