cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to redeem space promo from HP

Failed to redeem space promo from HP

ari_ws
New member | Level 2

I purchased a new HP Laptop a week ago, and I got promo free space from HP for a year.
I already activated the two steps verification in my Dropbox account, the problem is when I try to sign in preinstalled Dropbox from my laptop I never received the code in my primary number, and I didn't find any clue in the preinstalled Dropbox to send the code to my backup number.
And the promo is disappeared when I installed Dropbox by download it from the web.

Is it possible for me to redeem the gift from HP?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Failed to redeem space promo from HP

ari_ws
New member | Level 2

Thanks @Jay for the answer..
I've solved the problem to recover the preloaded Dropbox in my laptop.
First I changed the two ways verification using authenticator apps (I'm using Google Authenticator), because I never received the code in my primary number.
Then I create new Windows User, and there is preloaded Dropbox in the new user windows environment. I did the sign in process in preloaded Dropbox in the new user Windows environment and I succeeded to redeem the giveaway from HP.
I hope I will receive notification before the time of giveaway period end to maintain my data in Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @ari_ws, thanks for posting today!

There should have been an option to enter the two-step verification code when signing into the app. You would need to have the pre-installed version of the Dropbox desktop application in order to claim the promotional offer.

Perhaps it's possible to request from HP to restore a copy of the original app, so I'd recommend trying to contact them to see if this is possible.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ari_ws
New member | Level 2

Thanks @Jay for the answer..
I've solved the problem to recover the preloaded Dropbox in my laptop.
First I changed the two ways verification using authenticator apps (I'm using Google Authenticator), because I never received the code in my primary number.
Then I create new Windows User, and there is preloaded Dropbox in the new user windows environment. I did the sign in process in preloaded Dropbox in the new user Windows environment and I succeeded to redeem the giveaway from HP.
I hope I will receive notification before the time of giveaway period end to maintain my data in Dropbox.

View solution in original post

johnalex
New member | Level 2

I am also facing the same issue, If you found any solution Please let me know, Thanks in Advance ❤️

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

johnalex New member | Level 2
    ari_ws New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?