cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to upgrade my Dropbox Account

Highlighted

Failing to upgrade my Dropbox Account

Helpful | Level 6

Hi all,

I'm trying to upgrade from Dropbox basic to Dropbox plus. When I choose the plan, fill in my billing information, accept the terms and conditions and click "buy", nothing happens! Nothing at all! I don't get an error message or anything, just no response.

I am also failing to find an email for the support to contact them. Any advice would be really appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Failing to upgrade my Dropbox Account

Helpful | Level 6
Hi Walter,

Thank you for getting back to me. I finally managed to solve the problem a couple of hours ago by making the transaction through paypal instead of my credit card.

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi @sarahwahby, thanks for posting!

Can you let me know where you're trying to upgrade your account from? Eg. through the website or a mobile device.

Also, your Support options depend on your account's current plan, but I'd be more than happy to help out from here.

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Thank you so much Daphne. I actually tried so many things, Chrome and Microsoft Edge through my laptop, Chrome through my mobile, Firefox through the desktop at home, and nothing worked so far.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @sarahwahby!

Let's try and do this through the website then. 

Can you try using an incognito browsing window in any of the browsers that you mentioned to see if that helps? 

If you're having the same issue with this, please let me know which version of the browser that you have installed.

Keep me posted!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Hi Daphne, still nothing. I tried from the incognito window of the Chrome browser on my laptop, and of Mozilla in the home desktop, still nothing. I also tried with the mobile application but it's only giving me the option of being billed monthly and I want to be billed yearly so I didn't move forward with inserting my billing information.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey @sarahwahby, thanks for getting back to us. 

Could you send us a screenshot of what the options look like when you try to upgrade, as well as any error messages that may pop up?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Hi Lusil,

Thank you for following-up. I'm attaching the steps I go through. Picture 1 has the first step, my account on Dropbox, where I click upgrade, Picture 2 has what I get then where I click upgrade the second time, Picture 3 has the last step where I am supposed to complete the transaction (so where I am having the problem) I insert my information in all the boxes with the red message "Please enter a valid xxxx", check the box next to "I agree to Dropbox terms", then click "Buy now" and nothing happensPicture 1Picture 1Picture 2Picture 2Picture 3Picture 3

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for your swift reply, @sarahwahby

Could you try submitting a ticket to our team from this link, via an incognito window, without being signed in to your account? 

Once you create the ticket, could you let me know the ID associated with it (eg. #1234567)?

Keep me posted!

PS. I removed some personal information included in your screenshots, for security and privacy purposes, as per our Community Guidelines

Lusil

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Hi Lusil,

Thank you for removing my personal information. 

Could you tell me how to create a ticket? I accessed the link through an incognito window but wasn't sure what to do to create a ticket.

Thanks!

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Hi Lusil,

I managed to create a ticket. Here's its number: Ticket #11431520

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?