cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family plan and apple store subscription

Family plan and apple store subscription

mpechuk
Explorer | Level 3

My wife has dropbox plus thru apple subscription. Same goes to my son. We want to upgrade to Family plan now, but this option isn't available for her in the app. When trying to do this via the web she gots a message that "billing is managed elsevere"

What is the right way to upgrade to Family Plan in this scenario?

Will her and my son account will be reimbursed and apple subscription stopped if I upgrade to family plan and invite them?

2 Replies 2

Re: Family plan and apple store subscription

Mark
Super User II

Hi @mpechuk 

They need to stop the subscription via Apple, wait for their plan to expire and THEN join the family plan.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: Family plan and apple store subscription

mpechuk
Explorer | Level 3
It is very misleading experience. Support claimed that they will be able to join right away and get prorated refund, but in reality they have to wait until end of the annual subscription that only comes at November and I will double pay meanwhile 😞
Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?