cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files are deleted after 48gb promotion expired

Files are deleted after 48gb promotion expired

Revelacion
New member | Level 2

Hello, about a year ago i received a 48gb promotion for my dropbox, which i used to store some files(photos etc.). Now the promotion has ended and i can find only a few of my files left in dropbox. What is the solution to this? Can i recover my files? Thank you in advance for your support.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Files are deleted after 48gb promotion expired

Mark
Super User II
Oh dear, I think the events link now is limited to 6 months.

Unfortunately my guess is something accidentally deleted them in that time frame which makes them unrecoverable now 😞

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Ed
Dropboxer

Hi @Revelacion

Do you see the files on https://dropbox.com? They might not be syncing to your desktop due to space (if there's not enough space in the account anymore, it won't sync files) but they should be still available (Dropbox won't delete the files).

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Revelacion
New member | Level 2

No i searched there already, they are nowhere to be found, i had more than 1000 files, now only about 100..I cant understand the reason though

Mark
Super User II
Hi

Files do not get deleted when the promo space expires. They simply stop syncing.

What is www.dropbox.com/events showing in regards to up and downloads etc.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Revelacion
New member | Level 2

Hello, doesnt have any information because i started using dropbox yesterday again after almost a year cause i wanted to withdraw some files. I really don't know why my files are missing i havent deleted anything and i am frustrated.. Thanks for the replies though guys.

Mark
Super User II
Oh dear, I think the events link now is limited to 6 months.

Unfortunately my guess is something accidentally deleted them in that time frame which makes them unrecoverable now 😞

View solution in original post

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Revelacion New member | Level 2
    Ed Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?