cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how Community ideas impact Dropbox development? Check it out here

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find and change my old email. HELP!

Find and change my old email. HELP!

genss
Explorer | Level 4

hi guys.

First, I wrote this article using a translator.

I'd like to find an email that I created in the early days, is there a way?

ID is [email address removed per the Dropbox Community Guidelines]

It's an email in this format. Randomly created e-mail, not commonly used e-mail.

It is probably more than 8 years old and cannot log in through email authentication because it is not a normal email format.

PLEASE, help me regain my school memories.

thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Find and change my old email. HELP!

Hannah
Dropboxer

Hey @genss, thanks for posting on our Community.

Do you know if the account still exists? If you haven't logged in to it for more than 12 months, I'm afraid it's deleted, due to inactivity.

If it exists and you know the password, you can just sign in, even if the email address doesn't exist. 

If however, you don't remember the password and the email does not exist, I'm afraid there won't be a way to gain access.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hannah
Dropboxer

Hey @genss, thanks for posting on our Community.

Do you know if the account still exists? If you haven't logged in to it for more than 12 months, I'm afraid it's deleted, due to inactivity.

If it exists and you know the password, you can just sign in, even if the email address doesn't exist. 

If however, you don't remember the password and the email does not exist, I'm afraid there won't be a way to gain access.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

genss
Explorer | Level 4

@Hannah

Thank you for your answer.

Twelve months have passed since I logged in, but I still remember my email and password, and if I try to log in, the password expires and tells me to authenticate by email. However, there is no way to receive an email because it is not a normal domain.

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @genss, could you clarify exactly what the site states when you attempt to login with your old email and password in order to understand what you're seeing?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

genss
Explorer | Level 4

hi Jay!

Change the password.
Your password has expired as a security precaution. For more information on password expiration and account security, visit the Dropbox Help Center.
Enter your email address to reset your password. If you haven't received an email, look at the spam box. If no-reply@dropbox.com is blocked, cancel it.

The message above appears. (Probably, the account and password are correct.)

When entering an email to reset a password, authentication is impossible because the domain of the account is not common, and if there are few other contactable emails, it will be registered as a new member.

Is there any way to get your account back? Thank you for your answer.

Jay
Dropboxer
Thanks for the info, in order to look into this matter in more detail, would it be possible to reach out to the email associated with your forum profile?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

genss
Explorer | Level 4
Of course! Thank you for your help! The email you can get in touch with is [removed per the Community's Guidelines].

I'm sorry that I couldn't contact you right away because of the time difference because I'm Korean.

Jay
Dropboxer
Thanks, I've sent you an email, please could you reply to it when you get a chance!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    genss Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?