Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Finicky login using Feitian-brand U2F security key

Helpful | Level 5

When I try to login using a Feitian-brand U2F security key, I often have to tap it 5 or 6 times before Dropbox.com will recognize it and complete my login. Yet when using the same key to log into my Google acct, I only have to tap it once. This makes me think the issue lies with your U2F implementation, rather than the key.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Finicky login using Feitian-brand U2F security key

Helpful | Level 5

Ok, I have done some more testing:

1. I have this behavior on OS X 10.13.6, as well as Kubuntu. The behavior is not just a simple delay, but really requires approx 6 taps in fast succession.
  2. However, I have just discovered it only happens in Google Chrome (Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)).
  3. When I tested in Firefox 61.0.1 (64-bit), authentication worked instantly with a single tap, as expected.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey Gus G., thanks for posting us on the Community on this behavior! 

It’s my understanding that (despite the slight delay) the sign-in is successful in the end, is that right? Have you by any chance reached out to the manufacturer on this matter? 

Based on a quick search, I could see that other users have mentioned a slight delay on Linux devices (on an external resource). Did you receive the same behavior across OSs? 

Let me know here & I’ll make sure to check back with you asap. Happy Friday Gus! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

1. I have this behavior on OS X 10.13.6, as well as Kubuntu. The behavior is not just a simple delay, but really requires approx 6 taps in fast succession.
  2. However, I have just discovered it only happens in Google Chrome (Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)).
  3. When I tested in Firefox 61.0.1 (64-bit), authentication worked instantly with a single tap, as expected.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

As a side note, since I don't have a direct contribution to your problem, I have to say I admire your testing! As a QA Engineer, that was some excellent feedback! Thanks for providing that info, and for crushing that testing!

-Rob

@Gus G. wrote:

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?